An embedded system is a combination of electrical, mechanical, chemical component along with a computer to perform a single dedicated task. Mostly these computers are a single chip microcontroller which are brain of the embedded systems. Every day we interacts with hundreds of computers that are embedded into our cars, houses, toys and our works. In today’s world these devices are increasing day by day which are equipped with microcontrollers. A trained workforce can develop and manage these embedded systems.
The objective of the course is to allow students to know how the microcontroller interact with environment. Under this course student will learn about microcontrollers and their interfacing with different sensors. It will provide hands on experience on microcontroller programming and practical. It takes an effective approach to learn new techniques.
Chapter 1. Introduction to Embedded System
• History of Embedded System
• How Embedded System works
• Application of Embedded System
• Future of Embedded System
Chapter 2. Correlation b/w Embedded System, Computer System, Mechatronics, Robotics etc.
Chapter 3. Introduction of Electronic Component
Chapter 4. Introduction to Sensors
• What is Sensor?
• Type of Sensors
• DTMF Module
• Selection of Sensor
• Basic working Technique of Sensor
• Application & Interfacing of Sensor
Chapter 5. Introduction to Computational Devices
• Introduction to microcontroller & microprocessor
• Difference B/W microcontroller & microprocessor
• Application of microcontroller
• Selection of microcontroller
• How to use various microcontroller
• Work on AVR Family with Mega Series (ATmega8)
Chapter 6. Interfacing to Motors
Chapter 7. How to work on Educational & Engineering Level Motors
Chapter 8. Introduction to Driving System/Locomotion
•What is Driving System?
•Various Types of Driving System
•Why need Driving System
Chapter 9. How to Drive Motor
• H-Bridge Motor Drive
• Advanced Motor Driver
Chapter 10. Introduction to Programming Languages
• Various programming Languages
• Selection of programming Language
• Need of Flow Diagram
• How to write First "LED BLINKING" Code in Embedded C
• Why always First "LED BLINKING" Code?
• Practice on various LED Pattern
• Debugging of Error Program
Chapter 11. Introduction to Display Devices
• Liquid crystal display
• 7-segment display
• Dot matrix
Chapter 12. Application of display devices
Chapter 13. Interfacing of Anatomy of Robot
• Assembling of Robot
Chapter 14. Introduction to Timer/Counter
• What is Timer/Counter?
• Application of Timers/Counter
• Programming on Atemga8 Timers/Counter
Chapter 15. Introduction to Analog to Digital Convertor (ADC)
• ADC, How it works???
• Different Mode and Registers of ADC
• Programming ADC
Chapter 16. Serial Communication
• Role of communication
• Type of communication protocol
• Difference between Parallel and Serial Communication
• USART / UART Protocol